5-6 large eggs, preferably Italian
600g ‘00’ pasta flour
Extra virgin olive oil
500g pumpkin (rind on)
1 white onion
50g grated parmesan
1 mustard pear, chopped (optional)
4 Amaretti biscuits, chopped
1. Combine the flour with a pinch of salt in a food mixer.
2. Whisk the eggs with a squirt of olive oil and add slowly to the flour and salt in the mixer
3. Once the mixture is sticking to the sides of the bowl, the dough should be ready to knead.
4. Turn the dough onto a well-floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth.
6. cover with cling film and let rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
1. Season the pumpkin wedges with salt, sugar and pepper.
2. Wrap in tin foil and bake in a medium oven for 45 minutes, or until the flesh is cooked through.
3. Remove the tin foil and scrape the flesh from the rind.
4. Place the pumpkin flesh in a muslin bag and hang over a bowl and allow to drain for at least 5 minutes (you can do this overnight in the fridge if you have time).