75 ml rum
4 small ripe bananas
125g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
25g butter, plus extra for greasing the tin
150g caster sugar
2 large eggs
NUTTY BANANA BREAD
1. Put the sultanas into a bowl with the rum and leave to soak.
2. Grease a 900g loaf tin with butter and line with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 170 C
3. Peel and mash the bananas; you need about 300g in all.
4. Sift the flour with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
5. Melt the butter, then mix it with the sugar in a large bowl. beat the eggs, then add the flour and mix well. Add the mashed banana, walnuts, sultanas and rum.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. leave to cool in the tin, before turning out. Store in an airtight cake tin.